Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Lesson #2 Absence makes the heart grow fonder

There are two sayings. Out of sight, out of mind, and absence makes the heart grow fonder. For me, and only with Randy,the latter is true. If it was any other guy I would have ended the reltionship when he left for basic. However, with Randy, it is completely different.


I guess it is probably because I knew I wanted to be with him forever! :-)

The longer he is away the more I want to see him. I know I'm not gonna find a better guy so I better hold in tight to this one! Everyday I get closer to seeing him again. When it is about a month until our long awaited reunion, I picture how I will greet him at the airport. Will I jump up and wrap my legs around him or will he just engulf me in his big arms?

Over the last couple of days I haven't been able to talk to Randy much. We only talk about 10-15 minutes on the phone during day, because it uses up my cell phone minutes. After 9pm, I can talk to him for free and as long as I want :-)! Normally, Randy will go to bed early after he is off work, so by the time 9pm (3am his time) he is rested for the next day and awake to talk.

For that last two nights I've only talked to him for 5 minutes. He has been going to bed later (staying up to play Left for Dead 2). So when I call at 9pm, he is half asleep and I swear he falls right back to sleep after he answers the phone.

I try not to get upset. After about a year of this, I've learned not to try to talk to him but to let him go back to bed. Sometimes he fights it! He doesn't want me to go, which is really sweet, but I can't stand having to repeat myself 5 times before I get a response.

As a result, last night I went to bed with that feeling. The feeling I'm sure every military spouse/girlfriend has had when they really miss their significant other and they can't talk to them at the moment. You feel it in your gut. You just feel empty, like there is a big whole inside you that only your signficant other's voice will fill.

We will see if this will be the third night that I will go to sleep with that feeling.

Stupid video games!

3 comments:

  1. i definitely understand "that feeling." sorry that you're feeling it now! mine is due to Call of Duty and Mercinaries 2. :D oh geez. men & their games. jordan doesn't call on his days off because he's either a) sleeping or b) playing video games. *rolls eyes* that's okay. just know he loves you more than anything! he's missing you too. & we aren't the only ones who go to bed with that feeling.*hugs*xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! That makes me feel a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. makes me feel a lot better that I'm not the only one thank you :)

    ReplyDelete