Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 1, 2010

Lesson # 5 & 6 Life is so ironic and God has a sense of humor!

Oh irony!
Yesterday I wrote about how anxious I was getting about finding out Randy's next base. No less than 24 hours later I got an answer.
Randy has orders for North Dakota. When I called him today, he said "what news do you want to hear first, the bad news or the worst news."  He clearly wasn't happy.  The base wasn't even on his dream sheet.  I was excited!  He asked why, and I said "Because that is where the Lord wants us, and we are being stationed there for a reason."
However, these orders are not set in stone.  Randy has to get his PRP certification to work on the nuclear weapons there.  If he doesn't get the certification, we get a new base.  Hopefully, somewhere sunny.
I checked the temperature at Minot AFB, and it is in the single digits.  Here is Pittsburgh, PA, it is about 25 degrees.  It is going to be a little cold.
The whole time Randy and I were talking about where we would like to be stationed, I kept saying I didn't want Alaska because it is so cold.  Oh Lord, what a sense of humor you have. 
Even with the more extreme winters, nothing can let me down about this next base because that is where Randy and I are going to start our lives together!
In about two weeks, I'll let you know if North Dakota will be our home for the next three years or not.

3 comments:

  1. what a wonderful way to look at it! and you are absolutely right! you will go where the LORD needs you. where you are supposed to be. i hope wherever it is, that you keep the same amazing attitude! :) xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your attitude is refreshing! I like your outlook on this. (ps- I'm in Alaska and the low tomorrow is 33 below) So...it definitely could be colder! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear where you guys end up!

    ReplyDelete