Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Lesson #4 Your life is not in your own hands!

This wait is killing me!
Randy turned in his dream sheet about two weeks ago, and the suspense is killing me.  Where will our first base as a married couple be?
His first pick is a couple of hours away from his family, and he says that there will be a good chance that we will get it.  I am trying not to hold my breath or get my hopes up.  This is the military, they will stick us wherever he is needed.  His top choices are in the southeastern part of the country.  I would not mind missing a couple of winters!  There is also Vegas and Washington state.
Vegas would be awesome!  I visited Randy in Vegas when he was TDYing there.  We stayed on the strip at the Tropicana.  If was fun just going to all the different hotels and walking around in the lobbies.  However, Randy said there are gangs right outside of the base....so maybe Vegas won't be as fun as I thought.
Each day I am learning to put more and more things into God's hands, and this issue is alllll his!
I trust that whatever base we get it is because the Lord knows it is what is best for us!  I'm just getting so anxious!  As soon as we know where we are going I am doing a massive search on the web about anything and everything in and around the base!
I cannot wait to get involved on base.  I want to be a really active military wife!
My heart is going to stop when I hear "Honey, I got my orders today..."

3 comments:

  1. Waiting to find out is the hardest part. Me and the hubby have orders to Germany and are so excited! I too want to do as much as I can to be an active involved military wife. God has a plan and knows what he is doing. I will be praying you get the base you most desire! Good Luck sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so excited for you to find out where your first duty station as husband & wife is. you have an amazing attitude! God knows the best place for you. & not only will the army put your husband where they need him but God will put both of you where He needs you as well. keeping you in my prayers! :) xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck to you both. I hope you get what you want!!

    ReplyDelete