Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Lesson #7 Waiting, Waiting, and Some More Waiting

I thought being in the military world would be a fast pace lifestyle.  I didn't realize how much waiting I would have to do.
Lately, I'm waiting intensely for anything to happen, not just stuff dealing with the Air Force.
I'm waiting for my Dear John book I ordered from Amazon.com to finally arrive, and checking my email and mail box twice/three times a day.  I am waiting for the photographer to call Randy to tell him she got his check from the mail so I'm no longer paranoid that $500 is lost in the mail. I'm waiting for Randy to call me back.  I'm waiting for people to email me back and therefore checking my email every 20 minutes. I'm waiting to find out if Randy gets his PRP certification so we know for sure that we will go to North Dakota or not so I'm  asking him everyday if there is progress on it. 
Randy said that we should know by this coming Friday if his orders will change.  This Friday has to come faster!  The wait is killing me.  I don't want to do a massive search on Minot until I know for sure that it is the place we are going.  Already, I've checked out the Air Force Base website and Minot State University website.
I don't know which was worse, waiting to hear what base he will go to next or if Minot is the actual one.  His sponsor already contacted him, and it seems like things are starting to progress, but then halts when it comes to the certification point.  Randy is already set on moving there and really excited, he will be disappointed if we can't move there.  I'm trying not to get hooked on moving to North Dakota so if we do go somewhere else, I won't be too sad.  Yet, if we do get a new base we will love it there, too.  I will just have to change the setting of my daydreams.
In addition, I just realized that we are getting married in four months, and I don't think I'm even close to being on track with everything we need.  I told Randy that I really need his help, but there is only so much he can do from Germany.  He can make phone calls during the week when I'm super busy with school, but it takes him forever to remember to do it so I normally end up doing it.  In the end, he isn't much of a help.  Here I am up to my eyeballs in work and all he has to do is go to work, sleep, and play video games.  I would love to just have to go to work and then have the evenings free. Normally, I'm doing work until 7 or 8pm. 
This turned more into a rant than anything...I feel much better though.
Hopefully, next week will be better and I will make some progress on my waiting list.

No comments:

Post a Comment