Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Counting Down the Days

In 14 days, Randy will be back in the states, and in 19 days I will be officially an Air Force wife.
I'm getting the last minute things together for the wedding such as the favors, seating chart, place cards, dress fitting, ceremony stuff, and final guest count underway.

I still love living in my apartment. I abosolutely love walking everywhere in Pittsburgh during the summer. I love soaking up the sun and feeling the breeze; it is so refreshing. I'm going to go crazy when I'm back in my hometown and I have to drive everywhere! Sometimes, my mom's driving makes me car sick. She drives like a crazy lady sometimes.

In the last couple blog entries I have posted, I have been so relaxed and calm about what the future will hold in the next couple of months. However, the anxiety has creeped up again. I've noticed that I have not put my worries at Christ's feet, but have been carrying the burdens around over the last week or so. I noticed this when I stopped memorizing my weekly Bible verse. When the anxious thoughts went away, I had to fill them with something else, such as my Bible verse to calm me down when I start to get anxious. However, this week, I did not have a memory verse. (Well, I did have a memory verse selected, but I did not put effort into memorizing it or putting it on a note card to keep with me all the time.) So right now, I found a verse to memorize for the week: “I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears” (Psalm 34:4). I dug out my packet of note cards from my boxes of school supplies. Tonight will be a night to focus back on what matters most, not on what might or might not happen in the future. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own (Matthew 6:34). I have definately noticed the difference from I am no longer anxious and trust in the Lord completely to when anxiety creeps back into my life and I take the burden upon myself.

Still no word on our next base. This is driving both Randy and I nuts!

Ok enough serious stuff, during these next 2 weeks, nothing can bring me down because my baby is coming home!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so happy to finally start our lives together. I've been waiting for this for too long.
Now, off to make dinner...mmmm pancakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment