Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Back Home

Last weekend, I went back to my hometown to see my mom for mother's day. Friday was a bit crazy. My mom drove to Pittsburgh to pick me up then we stopped at Prime Outlets for some light shopping and Chinese food. Then we had to rush to get into Erie for my wedding gown fitting.
I fall more in love with that dress every time I wear it. I love how it sparkles and how it is just me. I would post a link, but I don't want to risk Randy seeing it. I want it to be a complete surprise for him.
After the dress fitting, my mom and I did some running around before finally being able to go back home to relax.
Today, I met my godson for the first time. Even though I have not met him in person, I felt like I already know him because Sam, his mother, is always posting pictures of him on Facebook.
I have mixed feelings about coming home. It is great to see my family and friends, but it no longer feels like home. Maybe that is a good thing. That way, it might be easier when Randy and I move to our new station. They say home is where the heart is. Right now, my heart is torn between Pittsburgh, PA and Germany. My home will always be where Randy and I rest our head at night. Right now, we sleep in two different countries...so I have multiple homes. When Randy finally comes home...anywhere we go will be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment