Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 7, 2010

Saturday 1 May 2010


Saturday 1 May 2010
It has been a while since I wrote on this blog.  I have just completed my junior year at Pitt.  It was a very stressful time, and I hope future semesters are near as stressful as the pass one.
Today marks a new chapter in my life.  I moved into my first place.  I am completely on my own, paying rent, getting groceries, and the whole thing.  I am excited about it.  The whole semester, my plan was to live with my parents for the summer; however, the thought of living with them was not a pleasant one.  A couple of weeks before the end of the semester, my friend, Liana (who I kept on running into everywhere!) asked if I wanted to crash at her apartment for the summer.  I kindly declined, saying I was living with my parents.  Yet, later that day, I realized living with my parents would cause so much stress that I called Liana and asked if her offer was still on the table.  I crunched the numbers and found that I could comfortably afford the rent and still have money left over to save.
I truly believe that the Lord put Liana in my path so we could be roommates for the summer.  If I were not her roommate, she probably would be living on her own.  This whole situation has taught me that no matter how much planning I do, the Lord has a better plan for me.  Proverbs 16:9 says “The mind of man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.”  This situation has allowed me to give my future to the Lord instead of planning for the next x amount of years.  For example, Randy and I are waiting to find out where our first base as a married couple will be.  Randy did not get the PRP certification needed to go the Minot AFB, North Dakota.  I am actually glad we are not going to Minot AFB because I heard that it is cold and they get a lot of snow.  So, I am hoping for somewhere in the south.  However, wherever we are stationed, I know that the Lord put us there for a reason.
So here, I am in my new place.  It is so nice.  We have a full kitchen, living room, and a spacious bedroom.  In addition, the fact that I am now independent makes it all so much better.  What adds to the charm is that my desk is right in front of the computer.  I feel like Carrie Bradshaw right now typing on my computer in front of the window. J
This whole summer is a summer of big positive changes.  By the end of the summer, I will be an Air Force wife!  There are other personal goals that I want to achieve this summer.
My summer reading list:
-God Answers Prayers: Military Edition by Allison Bottke
-The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey (So we can start on the right track financially in our marriage)
-Stay regular with my daily Bible readings as I read along with What the Bible Is All About by Dr. Henrietta Mears.
-and some pleasure reading
I also want to start running.  I am not a runner at all, but I want to become one.  I would like to work towards a 5K, 10K, half marathon, and then full marathon some day.  I know I will have to start slow.  Start with a mile and gradually work my way up to more mileage.
Randy comes home in 29 days.  I daydream about the moment when we see each other for the first time at the airport.  I know I will run up, jump on him and give many kisses.
The wedding stuff is coming together.  Almost all of the RSVPs are in.  After I get a count, I have to call the Riverside and the baker.

No comments:

Post a Comment