Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 7, 2010

Tuesday 4 May 2010

Tuesday 4 May 2010
One month until the wedding!
Bible verse of the week to memorize: “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.” Proverbs 3:5
My wonderful friend Brittany suggested having a Bible verse to memorize that relates to your week. I have been doing this for three weeks. During the course of the week when I feel stressed and overwhelmed, I repeat the Bible verse in my head. It reminds me that God is in control and not me.
Over the past month, I have realized that even though I have accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior, I have never given up my life for him. I have always lived my life for myself or someone else. I want this summer to be a life changing summer in so many aspects of my life. I have no clue were I am going to be in the fall. If be here in Pittsburgh or off to wherever Randy may be. I continuously pray that the Lord opens a door and closes a door to tell me exactly where he wants me to be. Randy still does not know where he is being stationed and yet I trust the Lord that he will put us where we will grow the most. Even when we do not follow what God has planned for us, he does turn in around into a situation that we can grow in Him. I came to Pitt with the wrong motives, but the Lord has turned it around. I have found a church that I will forever call my home church. Back home, I was never involved in a church. On Sunday, my family and I (my mom , brother, and I) would go to the service (always late..drove me nuts) and then leave. We did not talk to many people, and if I tried to get involved in the church it was quickly cut off from my mom complaining about taking me everywhere. At Northway Oakland, I am really part of a community. I have been heavy involved…taking almost every class they offer and in return volunteering at every chance I get. I have made some great friendships, which have helped me to motive my growth in my relationship with Christ. I am just not another face in the crowd. No matter where I go, Northway will always be home.
Like all things, there are positives and negatives about going back to work. One of the positives is that I have the evenings free! I am no longer studying until 1900 or 2000. The negative is trying remembering everything I learned from the summer before and failing horribly. There was no brush up course on the gadgets and terms in the lab. My colleague would ask me to get him something from the table of a million things. I do not remember what that thing is…and panic! The first day back, I prepped a rat for surgery. I was not quite sure what surgery we were doing and I kept on asking my colleague if I was doing it right. He got frustrated with me and told me to stop and just do it. That shut me up and whipped me in shape. Today was even worst.
Along with all of this, there is the wedding stuff. My first dress fitting is Friday. I am still trying to contact people about RSVPs. Some people are just hard to get a hold of. Getting the count is holding up contacting the reception hall and the baker. Other than that, I plan to take care of the rest of things the week before the wedding. I just hope everything goes a little smoothly. I know that it will not go perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment