Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 16, 2010

Now An Official Air Force Wife

There are two main reasons I don't keep up with this blog as I would like to: 1. I'm just always busying 2. There doesn't seem to be anything interesting going on in my life.
Well, something very important happened in my life a little over a month ago! Randy and I finally got married! When you planning to get married, you put all this time and effort into this one day. Then that day goes by so far that you are lucky if you can grasp it.

It might take a few blog entries to tell the whole story. I would like to go into as much detail as I can remember so I can document it well.
So here is the first of the installments:

Randy came home Sunday 30 May for the wedding. That was a very long day! His flight came in at 6pm (1800). The day seemed to drag on forever. It didn't help that we waited at the airport for four hours. His connecting flight was delayed by two hours. I got all dressed up in a summer dress. I always dress up when Randy flies. However, if I am the one flying, I greet Randy with sweatpants and a T-shirt. When it was around the time for Randy's flight to be coming in, I waited at the bottom of the escalators. Randy walked right past me! There were so many people getting off the two escalators I must have missed him some how. I don't know how I did though because he is so tall. Well, he must not have noticed me from far away so he didn't head toward my direction. He found his grandparents before he found me. When I finally found him, he was with his grandparents. They were pointing in my direction, telling him to go get your girl! Once I saw him I ran up to him, and he wrapped me in his arms. I was so happy, I started crying.

It is so hard to describe what it felt like to be in his arms again. We hadn't seen each other for seven months. Honestly, with that long of a separation, I forgot what it felt like to touch him. When I was in his arms, it was like he never left.

We went home and the crazy running around began. I was mostly with my mom the few days before the wedding, getting the dress, and getting the final things ready. I barely saw Randy those three days. He was busy spending time with his family and he had his own running around to do. We did have to get the marriage license together and did some errands together which was nice.

Thursday 3 June 2010
The day before the wedding, Randy and I, the wedding party, and some of his family, went to Creekside for dinner. Creekside is Randy's favorite place to have wings.
While he was home, he had to go to several of his favorite places and restaurants. Back to the story! We had a great time. It reminded me of the times we spent together before I went to college and he went into the Air Force.
After dinner, Randy went to have a few drinks with his parents, and I went to hang out with my maid of honor,Ashley and bridesmaid, Sarah. Ashley got me an ice cream cake the said "Happy Last Night of Freedom"! I loved it! We hung out and saw Sex and the City 2. I'm an old lady when it comes to staying out late. Since I knew the next day was gonna be crazy. We went to sleep kinda early, around midnight. We didn't have this big bash.
I surprisingly slept well. I went to sleep rather quickly. I though I would toss and turn waiting for the sun to come up to start the best day of my life. I woke up rested and ready to tackle the day...

No comments:

Post a Comment